Man in 30s receiving support following rape at skate park
A man in his late 30s is receiving specialist support following a rape at a Suffolk skate park.
The incident took place at some point between 10.45pm on Wednesday, March 24 and 1am the following morning in the area of the skate park on George Lambton playing fields in Newmarket.
A spokesman for the force said: "Police are appealing for witnesses to a serious sexual assault that took place in Newmarket.
"It is thought the victim, a male aged in their late 30s, may have been unconscious for a period of time following the assault before reporting it the police. However, the victim did not require any hospital treatment.
"The victim is being supported by specialist trained officers as detectives have been undertaking enquiries."
Anyone who witnessed the incident, saw any suspicious activity, or knows who was responsible, should contact police on 101, quoting crime reference 37/14565/21.
- 1 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 2 Mum-of-four with 'beautiful soul' dies after collapsing in the street
- 3 Takeaway contaminated food with raw meat and sold items past use-by date
- 4 Film crews spotted in Ipswich town centre
- 5 Royal visit from Princess Anne marks Suffolk Wildlife Trust 60th anniversary
- 6 Couple transform historic building near coast into new bed and breakfast
- 7 Ipswich U18s fall to second-half Liverpool goals - how the FA Youth Cup semi-final unfolded....
- 8 Steam locomotive back in Suffolk for anniversary trips
- 9 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 10 'Larger-than-life' Ipswich drama teacher Gloria Henshall dies