Man sustains serious injuries after falling from a height in Colchester
- Credit: PA
A man has been taken to hospital with serious injuries after falling from a height in Colchester.
Officers from Essex Police were called to reports of a disturbance at Greyfriars Hotel in High Street, shortly before 2.15am today, Thursday, February 24.
A spokesperson for the police force said there were reports of a fire and a man had sustained serious injuries after falling from a height.
They said: "We arrived alongside colleagues in the ambulance service and fire service and a road closure was put in place.
"Medics treated the man at the scene, and he was taken to hospital for further treatment.
"An investigation will be carried out to determine the cause of the fire."
A 29-year-old has since been arrested on suspicion of arson with intent and assaulting an emergency worker.
- 1 What time will the Red Arrows be flying over Suffolk this weekend?
- 2 Is this tearoom near Ipswich one of Suffolk’s best-kept secrets?
- 3 Plans for two drive-through takeaways in Suffolk town
- 4 The former Ipswich players looking for new clubs this summer
- 5 New landlord hopes to make Suffolk pub 'centre' of village community
- 6 Woman in hospital with life-threatening injuries after serious A143 crash
- 7 Town boss McKenna adds ex-Manchester United player to coaching staff
- 8 WATCH: 'Unplayable' delivery from Suffolk bowler goes viral
- 9 Revealed: The top serious road crash hotspots in Suffolk
- 10 New landlords take over award-winning pub and brewery in Suffolk village
A road closure remains in place at the junction of East Hill, High Street and Queen Street.