Quantity of cash stolen during distraction robbery in west Suffolk
- Credit: Google Maps
A quantity of cash has been stolen during a distraction burglary in Mildenhall.
The incident took place at midday on Friday, January 7, at a property in St Catherine's Close but was not reported until yesterday, Tuesday, February 1.
Two unknown men knocked on a door at a home in the road, saying they were work men and needed to look at the roof.
The vulnerable victims allowed the men inside their home and while inside, the two men stole a quantity of cash.
Both men have been described as white. One was approximately 20 to 30 years of age and had short brown curly hair.
The other man was approximately 40 years of age and had short hair. Both were wearing blue surgical gloves.
Now Suffolk police and Suffolk Trading Standards are urging people to watch out for cold callers.
- 1 School apologises for GCSE paper error as it falls to inadequate
- 2 £1.5million project set to turn north Essex towns into giant gaming areas
- 3 'We are both in love' - Ed Sheeran announces birth of second daughter
- 4 'It makes you want to cry' - anger as bench dumped in pond at country park
- 5 Man identified after dog walker threatened in Sudbury
- 6 Girl, 12, injured after having foot run over by driver
- 7 My Suffolk Life: ‘We had to move to Suffolk to be together’
- 8 Julia Bradbury's feature on 'beautiful' Sudbury airs on This Morning today
- 9 Colchester gets city status - fuelling disappointment over no Ipswich bid
- 10 Revealed: The wealthiest people in East Anglia on the Sunday Times Rich List
Anyone with any information about this theft is being asked to contact Mildenhall police station quoting the crime reference number 37/6605/22.
Join our Suffolk Crime Watch Facebook group for all the latest crime news in the county.