Newmarket woman 'fell from height' before death, post-mortem finds
- Credit: SARAH LUCY BROWN
A post-mortem investigation into the death of Newmarket woman Donna Price found she had "fallen from a height" before she died.
The investigation comes following the death of the 43-year-old at an address in New Cheveley Road on Saturday night, August 7.
Police and ambulance crews attended the scene, but Ms Price was pronounced dead a short time later.
A police spokeswoman has since confirmed Ms Price's identity, subject to formal inquest proceedings, and said specialist trained officers are now supporting her family.
The circumstances surrounding her death remain under investigation, with two men from Newmarket having been arrested on suspicion of murder.
One man, 50, was released on bail and is due to return to police on September 1.
The other man, aged 57, has also been released on bail after police applied for a warrant of further detention at Suffolk Magistrates' Court on Monday.
- 1 Family of hairdresser, 17, who died in her sleep 'overwhelmed' by tributes
- 2 The stats which put Bonne top of the League One charts and firmly on course for a very rare Ipswich Town milestone
- 3 Suffolk families stunned after homes transformed on Changing Rooms
- 4 Channel 4's Changing Rooms comes to Bury St Edmunds tonight
- 5 Teen among two arrested in armed police incident
- 6 Villagers call to stop 'hazardous' 5-week road closure with huge diversions
- 7 Suffolk coast named one of top UK destinations for autumn
- 8 Donacien on his Ipswich Town future and why he wears the No.44 shirt
- 9 Couple fear they will never sell home after A12 upgrade outside
- 10 Man left with serious injuries after late-night attack in town centre
Detectives were granted an additional 30 hours to question him, before he was bailed. He is due to return to police on August 31.
A cordon outside the address has since been lifted, with detectives believing this was an isolated incident with no wider threat to the local community.
Speaking on Sunday, Robert Nobbs, Conservative district councillor for Newmarket East, said he was “taken aback” by the news.
He added: “It’s absolutely horrendous news.
“It’s horrible to hear of something as dreadful as this happening in this area, or anywhere for that matter.
“It’s totally saddening for everybody, everyone who knows her, and those who don’t."
Police are continuing to call on anybody who saw Ms Price between 6am Friday, August 6 and 10pm Saturday, August 8 to get in touch.
Those with information, including people who were in the area of New Cheveley Road or Cricket Field Road at the time of her death, should call the Major Investigation Team on 101.
Likewise, those with CCTV, doorbell camera or dash-cam footage on Saturday evening are asked to review it and contact police should they discover anything suspicious.
Charity Crimestoppers can also be contacted anonymously on 0800 555111.