Teenager in hospital after late-night stabbing near Newmarket town centre
- Credit: Archant
A teenager is in hospital after being stabbed near Newmarket town centre in the early hours of Friday.
Officers received reports of a man in his late teens being stabbed in Mill Hill shortly before 3.05am, Suffolk police said.
Mill Hill is a primarily residential street leading into the centre of Newmarket.
The East of England Ambulance Service attended the incident and the victim was taken to hospital for treatment.
He is described as being in a stable condition.
No arrests have been made at this stage and police have launched an investigation into the incident.
However, officers believe the parties involved are known to each other.
- 1 Man dies following stabbing in Bury St Edmunds
- 2 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 3 Man in 40s rescued from beneath the Orwell Bridge
- 4 Head chef frustrated after 13 'no shows'
- 5 League One side showing strong interest in Ipswich youngster Lankester
- 6 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 7 Siegrist and Amos leading targets as Town step up hunt for new No.1
- 8 Man 'let down' by GPs after undiagnosed pneumonia death, mother claims
- 9 Woman who pocketed cash for memorial bench avoids prison
- 10 When Eagles Dare documentary reveals how close Ian Holloway came to being named Ipswich Town manager
Anyone who witnessed any suspicious activity, or who has knowledge of the incident, should contact Suffolk police, quoting crime reference number 37/29365/21.