No further action taken against man, 30, arrested after Elveden sex attack
- Credit: Sonya Duncan
No further action will be taken against a 30-year-old man who was arrested in connection with a sex attack in Elveden last month, police have said.
A spokesman for Suffolk police said no further action taken against the man who was arrested on November 12 in connection with a sex attack in Elveden on Tuesday, November 9.
A second man, aged 37 — who was arrested in connection with the attack on November 16 — has had his bail extended until February 16, 2022, pending further enquiries.
The attack happened on the Old London Road in Elveden.
The victim, a young woman, was jogging along a footpath before she a blow to the head.
An attempt was made to pull down her leggings, and then the man fled the scene.
The woman was found unconscious and lying on the pavement by a member of the public, and was taken by ambulance to hospital, where she was treated.
- 1 10 Suffolk celebrities and where they went to school
- 2 Look inside 'immaculately presented' property with own bar and heated pool
- 3 'It is really sad': End of an era as popular pub landlords call time
- 4 Ipswich Town sign Brentford full-back Thompson on loan
- 5 'One or two we're speaking to' - McKenna on transfer plans
- 6 'I'm not here to settle' - Walton sets sights high after permanent Town move
- 7 McKenna on offers for Harper and El Mizouni and Fraser's Town future
- 8 Town could lose its Post Office branch in triple closure shock
- 9 Adventure Golf attraction set to make way for new homes
- 10 Glamping pods and shepherd huts proposed in holiday site expansion
The suspect was described as white, about 5ft 9in tall, had brown stubble on his face and was heard speaking with an English accent.
He was wearing a black puffer jacket with the hood up and was seen with a bike.
Anyone with information should contact police quoting reference 37/63186/21.