Police issue CCTV appeal after motorcyclist dies in collision
- Credit: Essex Police
Police have released CCTV footage of a man officers want to speak to in connection with the death of a motorcyclist in St Osyth.
A man, from Clacton, came off his motorcycle following a collision with a car near the BP petrol station in Pump Hill at around 5.20pm on December 18.
The motorcyclist was pronounced dead at the scene, while a BMW X5 was found abandoned nearby.
Essex Police subsequently confirmed three people had been arrested in connection with the incident.
A 35-year-old woman from St Osyth, who was arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving, driving whilst unfit through drink or drugs and failing to stop at the scene of a collision, has been released on bail until March 19.
A 58-year-old man and woman, both arrested on suspicion of the same offences, have been released under investigation.
Police believe the man in the CCTV image, the passenger of the BMW, has information which could assist officers in their investigation.
- 1 Town's Harper move held up by West Brom uncertainty
- 2 A12 underpass closed after car stuck in water
- 3 Councils to be given powers to fine drivers £70
- 4 Village in uproar as primary school attempts to change historic logo
- 5 ‘Exceptional’ country estate with its own airfield hits the market
- 6 Woman in master/slave relationship was asked to supply indecent images
- 7 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'in £100,000 tug-of-war' for non-league midfielder
- 8 Town announce home friendly with Premier League club
- 9 Another former Town player completes Colchester move
- 10 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
Anyone with information is asked to contact Essex Police, quoting incident number 872 of December 18.