Cannabis dealer caught by police avoids jail
A woman from Wickham Market has been handed a suspended sentence for dealing cannabis.
Chantelle Bruce, 30, was caught by police in a car in Wickham Market on August 8, 2019, Ipswich Crown Court heard.
Bruce, of Chapel Lane, Wickham Market, was found to have around £400 worth of cannabis in the car, as well as a large amount of cash, Andrew Thompson, prosecuting, told the court.
A search also discovered a quantity of ketamine, three tablets of MDMA and two capsules of psychedelic drug 2C-B.
Bruce, who was cooperative with police, previously pleaded guilty to possession with intent to supply class B drugs (cannabis) and three counts of possessing class A drugs.
Judge Rupert Overbury told Bruce that plainly people were managing her but she was trusted with the drugs and to pass on cash.
Judge Overbury sentenced Bruce to eight months' imprisonment, suspended for two years, with up to 40 rehabilitation activity days.
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 Ipswich Town lead the chase to sign Luton skipper Sonny Bradley
- 3 A14 delays as police deal with incident near Orwell Bridge
- 4 A14 re-opens after medical emergency
- 5 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 6 History of the Cook cull - a look back at his busy transfer windows with Chesterfield, Portsmouth and Wigan
- 7 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 8 Indian Covid variant being monitored in Suffolk after one case confirmed
- 9 Woman's body found in village home
- 10 Luke Chambers: 'To be brutally honest, I didn't think I would be leaving the club this summer'