Two arrested on suspicion of murder after woman in 30s dies
- Credit: Sarah Lucy Brown
Two men have been arrested on suspicion of murder following the death of a woman in Newmarket.
Officers were called just after 10.10pm on Saturday to a property in New Cheveley Road in the town.
An ambulance attended the scene, but a woman, aged in her 30s, was pronounced dead a short time later.
Shortly after the incident, police arrested two men, aged 57 and 50, on suspicion of murder.
Both men are from Newmarket and remain in police custody for questioning by detectives.
Early enquiries have led detectives to believe that this was an isolated incident and there is no wider threat to the local community.
A cordon remains in place at the scene while an investigation continues.
- 1 Flooding leaves main route through town 'impassable'
- 2 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich's 1-0 win at Lincoln
- 3 Suffolk to miss worst of thunderstorms - but heavy downpours still expected
- 4 Five cars and a horsebox involved in crash near RAF base
- 5 See inside stunning £2m Woodbridge home with 'fantastic leisure complex'
- 6 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 7 Gangs of 'lampers' use spotlights to distract animals and kill them
- 8 'It was a clear foul' - Imps boss Appleton angry after Town defeat
- 9 Two cars set alight in two different streets
- 10 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
Next of kin have been informed, police said.
Any witnesses, or anyone with information about this incident, is asked to contact the joint major investigation team on 101, quoting 37/43271/21.
Information can also be reported online here or to Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111.