Man admits possessing hundreds of indecent images of children
- Credit: Archant
An east Suffolk man has admitted possessing indecent images and videos of children as young as two to three years old.
Ian McAllister, 35, of Norfolk Road, Wangford, appeared at Suffolk Magistrates' Court on Friday and pleaded guilty to three charges of making indecent photographs and one count of possessing a prohibited image of a child.
The court heard that among the indecent images discovered were 532 category A - the most serious kind - and 106 movies of that grade.
Mark Milkovics, prosecuting, told magistrates the offences were "very serious" and involved "a large quantity" of category A material featuring children aged two to three years old.
Jill Stuchfield, chairwoman of the bench, told McAllister: "We have considered these matters very carefully. We are going to send these matters to the crown court for sentencing."
Magistrates ordered a pre-sentence report from the Probation Service and granted McAllister unconditional bail.
He will be subject to interim notification requirements and will appear for sentence at Ipswich Crown Court on a date to be fixed.
- 1 Controversial north Essex village homes plan set for go-ahead
- 2 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 3 Map reveals raw sewage overflow into Suffolk rivers
- 4 £1million beach village set for approval as part of resort regeneration
- 5 'The culture is right' - Johnson leaves Town in good hands after whirlwind trip
- 6 Affordable homes project proposed for east Suffolk village
- 7 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 8 Emergency services conduct search and rescue mission off Harwich coast
- 9 Why is this Suffolk address on Covid lateral flow test boxes?
- 10 Town keeper Holy set for emergency loan move