Man fined £10k for NYE church hall party
- Credit: Essex Police
A man has been fined £10,000 for organising an unlicensed music event at a disused church on New Year’s Eve.
Hundreds of people breached Covid-19 regulations by attended the event at All Saints Church, East Horndon, on a night Essex Police dished out £18,000 worth of fines.
A 32 year-old man from Wickford was arrested on suspicion of burglary at Heathrow Airport on Tuesday.
When interviewed, he admitted being an organiser of the event.
He faced no further action in connection with the burglary offence, but was issued a £10,000 fixed penalty notice for organising the party.
Four other people have already been arrested in connection with the event and released under investigation.
The event was staged at a conservation-run church and was among three major locations attended by operational support group officers from Essex Police overnight.
- 1 Tributes to 'loyal, caring' man, 28, who died after A14 crash
- 2 Former Town star Clapham gets head coaching role
- 3 HOW THE NIGHT UNFOLDED: Witches prove too hot for Lynn
- 4 Caravans pitched at Portman Road car park
- 5 Passenger falls off motorbike on A134
- 6 Reduce your dementia risk with 7 lifestyle changes
- 7 Woman who posed as food bank staff steals Easter eggs from Morrisons
- 8 Person taken to hospital after two-car crash
- 9 Ipswich Town lead the chase to sign Luton skipper Sonny Bradley
- 10 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts