Police hunt man who exposed himself and sexually assaulted girl
Police are hunting man who sexually assaulted a girl and exposed himself to another.
A man sexually assaulted a girl crossing the bridge over the River Brain, off Bramble Road, in Witham, at about 3.30pm on Monday.
The girl fought the man off and ran away, according to Essex Police.
The suspect was intoxicated, white, in his late 20s to early 30s, about 5ft 6in, chubby, and wearing a dark tracksuit and black Nike 720 trainers.
Just over an hour later, a man fitting the same description exposed himself to a girl walking along Highfields Road towards the railway station.
Detective Sergeant Jamie Stirland said: “We know these incidents will be concerning but I want to reassure you that incidents like this are rare.
“We have detectives working to identify the man involved and extra patrols taking place in these areas.
- 1 Man dies following collision on A12
- 2 Mouldy scone leads to bakery firm being fined £9k for hygiene breaches
- 3 'Cook changes it for Ipswich... I never thought it would happen for them before' - Gillingham boss Evans
- 4 New collision beams 'catching drivers out' at Suffolk's 'most bashed' bridge
- 5 Cook's first press conference: New Town boss on aims, style, takeover rumours and his squad
- 6 'Landmark' refusal of 18 homes in Suffolk village aided by community
- 7 'I have a clear style of play... that will be evident from day one' - Cook on Town's identity
- 8 'I turned down jobs... Ipswich ticks every single box' - Cook on why he took the Ipswich role
- 9 Horse found abandoned in field so over-bred rescuers thought she was a cow
- 10 A12 re-opens following serious three-vehicle crash
“I need anyone who may have seen this man, has CCTV or dash cam footage, or any other information to come forward to us.
“The information you have could be really important to identifying and locating him.”
If you have information, call 101, quoting the crime reference number 42/27177/21, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.