Men charged after suspects attempted 1am break-in in Woodbridge
- Credit: Google Maps
Two men have been charged with attempted burglary after police found suspects trying to open a door with a chisel at 1am.
Officers were on foot patrol at 1am on Saturday, May 22 when they heard voices coming from a property in the Carmelite Park area of Woodbridge.
Both were arrested and taken to Martlesham Police Investigation Centre for questioning.
Jimmy Barwick, 23, of Anni Healey Close, Woodbridge, and 60-year-old Robert Higgins, of Cale Road, Melton, have both been charged with two counts of attempted burglary - one at Carmelite Place and another at a property Bredfield Street on May 22.
Both appeared before Suffolk Magistrates' Court, in Ipswich, on Monday, May 24.
They will appear before Ipswich Crown Court on June 21.
- 1 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 2 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
- 3 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 4 Body of man, 22, found in River Orwell
- 5 Mum of 'beautiful' Lily calls for young people to have their hearts tested
- 6 'I'll always have love for Ipswich, but it was time to move on' - Dozzell signs for QPR
- 7 QPR trigger buy-out clause to sign Dozzell for £1m
- 8 Former Town assistant Taylor back in football
- 9 265 new homes set to be built off A14 at Stowmarket
- 10 'Kind and loving' husband-to-be dies of lymphoma aged 27