Great Cornard cupcake competition to raise money for Alzheimer’s Society
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
The Five Bells in Great Cornard will be raising money for and awareness of dementia on June 13.
The competition will be held just a day before National Cupcake day, an event held by the Alzheimer’s Society to raise funds for research into the condition which affects thousands of people across the country.
The competition will have a number of categories to enter on the day.
“We intend to find the best decorated, best flavour, weirdest flavour etc,” said the pub’s landlord Wendy Menzi.
The competition is open to all ages with judging taking place at 1pm.
You may also want to watch:
Teas and coffee along with the usual beverages will be available during the competition.
After the competition all the cakes entered will then go on sale to raise money.
- 1 Suffolk actress Helen McCrory dies following cancer battle
- 2 Frustrated Suffolk farmer returns dumped items to householders
- 3 'I will be like Demolition Man... there will be a lot of pain' - Cook on his Town squad overhaul
- 4 Matchday Live: Updates as Town travel to The Valley to face Charlton
- 5 12 villages set to receive some of UK's fastest ever broadband
- 6 Death of 'loving' Suffolk woman in crash was 'unmitigated tragedy'
- 7 Rise in number of Covid patients in Suffolk and north Essex hospitals
- 8 Mum-of-three who devoted her life to hospice shop dies of heart attack
- 9 Can Ipswich Town ease the pain of a brutal week with an unlikely victory at Charlton?
- 10 'I've just been completely average' - Town star Woolfenden on his season and Town's struggles
For more details about the competition you can call the club on 01787 379016.