Cyclist dies in crash on rural road
- Credit: Google
A cyclist has died following a crash in a rural village.
Emergency services were called shortly after 8.45pm on Friday, September 13 to reports of a collision between a white Vauxhall Combo van and a cyclist on the B1077 Shelfanger Road, in Shelfanger, near Diss.
The cyclist, a man in his 40s, was pronounced dead at the scene.
The road was closed while emergency services, including the East Anglian Air Ambulance, dealt with the incident and was re-opened at 2.20am on Saturday.
Officers would like to hear from anyone who witnessed the collision or the manner of driving or riding before the collision.
You may also want to watch:
They are also keen to hear from anybody with dashcam footage of the incident.
Anyone with information should contact the serious collision investigation team on 101, quoting incident number 521 of September 13, 2019.
- 1 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 2 Engineers repair water main which flooded A14 roundabout
- 3 Matchday Recap: Blues cruise to victory at Fratton Park
- 4 The Suffolk pub serving a gourmet Sunday lunch three days a week
- 5 Portsmouth 0-4 Ipswich Town: Blues deliver Cook's biggest win as boss
- 6 'Our most complete performance of the season' - Cook on 4-0 win at Portsmouth
- 7 Framlingham taxi driver lives double life as Chateau Diaries star
- 8 Former Suffolk school leaders found guilty of professional misconduct
- 9 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 4-0 win at Pompey
- 10 Thunderstorm warning issued in Suffolk as heavy rain forecast