Cyclist, 65, who died in Bury crash is named by police
- Credit: Tom Potter
A 65-year-old cyclist who died after a crash in Bury St Edmunds last week has been named by police.
The man has been identified as Stephen Lawrence, from Risby, subject to confirmation at formal inquest proceedings.
Police were called at 6pm on Monday, April 12 to reports of a crash involving a bicycle and a blue Nissan Qashqai in Newmarket Road.
Paramedics and the air ambulance were also called to the incident, but the cyclist died at the scene.
The road remained completely blocked until 8.15pm, while a collision investigation took place.
Officers are appealing for any witnesses to the collision to come forward along with anyone driving in the area just prior to the incident that has a dashcam in their vehicle.
Anyone who has any information is being asked to contact the serious collision investigation unit, quoting reference 18229/21.
- 1 Man in 20s dies in collision between lorry and pedestrian on A14
- 2 Suffolk estate which featured on TV show on the market for £1.25m
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumours: Blues linked with goalkeeper and coaching move for former loanee
- 4 Car on its side in middle of roundabout after crash outside Haverhill Tesco
- 5 Van's roof torn off as it gets stuck under Suffolk bridge
- 6 'Next season we'll have a right go' - Roberts on Fleetwood win and Chambers' future
- 7 Matchday Recap: Lightning start for Town secures Fleetwood win
- 8 'Masterpiece' modernist home with panoramic sea views for sale for £850,000
- 9 Biker breaks collarbone in swerve to avoid car on wrong side of road
- 10 Joy as council reverses ban on motorhomes in car parks