Dallinghoo: Crews tackle chimney fire at home in Wickham Market Road

Fire crews were called to a blaze in Ipswich

Fire crews were called to a blaze in Ipswich - Credit: Archant

A blaze in a chimney in Dallinghoo was extinguished by firefighters last night.

One appliance from Woodbridge was called out at 9.44pm to a home in Wickham Market Road.

The chimney was found to be well alight and the crew initially used small gear, chimney rods and a thermal imaging camera to bring the fire under control.

Due to difficult access to the chimney, the crew also used a 13.5 metre ladder and working at height equipment.

The incident was dealt with by 00.05am.

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter