Sudbury man due in court over burglary and assault charges
- Credit: Archant
A 36-year-old man from Sudbury is due to appear in court after allegedly committing burglary and assault offences in the town.
Daniel Leat, of Maldon Court, is due to appear before Ipswich Crown Court in connection to a burglary in Cornard Road on September 2.
A mobile phone was allegedly stolen during the burglary, while during another incident in the same address on August 7 a bank card and a bottle of gin were reportedly stolen.
A man in his forties was also assaulted on August 1 in the same property and left with bruising to one of his eyes, police have said.
Leat, charged with burglary, theft and assault, was arrested on Friday September 4 before being remanded and appearing before Suffolk Magistrates’ Court on Monday September 7.
You may also want to watch:
He was further remanded in custody and will appear in crown court on Monday October 5.
- 1 More Suffolk petrol stations closed as PM plans action
- 2 Blaze spreads from classic car to bungalow next door
- 3 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 4 Lorry drivers being offered up to £60,000 and other bonuses as shortage bites
- 5 How it all unfolded: Town grab late point against Owls in bizarre fashion
- 6 Two arrested after man dies in crash
- 7 Match Ratings: How Town players performed against Wednesday
- 8 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich's 1-1 draw with Sheffield Wednesday
- 9 Ipswich Town 1 Sheffield Wednesday 1: Late Chaplin goal grabs Town a point
- 10 'I felt we deserved to win' - Cook on 1-1 draw with Sheffield Wednesday