Provisional trial date set in alleged Colchester murder case
- Credit: ARCHANT
The trial of a man accused of murdering a 52-year-old in Colchester has been given a provisional date in February next year.
Before Ipswich Crown Court on Friday for a plea and trial preparation hearing via a prison video link was Danny Bostock, 32, of Berberis Walk, Colchester, who is accused of murder and attempted arson with intent to endanger life.
The charges relate to the death of a 52-year-old man from Colchester who was found dead inside a flat in Forest Road, Colchester, in the early hours of Wednesday, August 22.
A post-mortem examination was held on August 24 and established the provisional cause of death to be from multiple stab wounds.
No pleas were taken from Bostock on Friday and the case was adjourned until next month for legal argument.
You may also want to watch:
A provisional date of February 11 was set aside for Bostock’s trial.
- 1 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 2 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 3 Road closed as one person trapped in car on its roof
- 4 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 5 Major A14 roundabout may not reopen until next week as water main repaired
- 6 New shop for farm that focuses on mental health
- 7 From obscurity to a nailed-on starter - Donacien's remarkable Town journey
- 8 Large cannabis farm discovered in property near Suffolk-Essex border
- 9 Nsiala on his injury return, a rollercoaster Town career and 'hugging it out' with boss Cook
- 10 'It was always going to be' - Cook confirms Morsy as Town's club captain