Dash cam owners could help fatal A12 crash investigation
- Credit: Tom Potter
Police are continuing to investigate the circumstances surrounding a fatal crash on the A12 at Hatfield Peverel.
A 26-year-old male pedestrian was killed on the road shortly before 1.45am on Sunday, December 13.
Detective Sergeant Damon Bainbridge, of the serious collision investigation unit, said: “Our enquiries so far suggest the pedestrian got out of a Ford Transit minivan, which had pulled over to the side of the southbound track and was stationary.
“It is believed he may have crossed over to the northbound carriageway, before being involved in a collision with a Ford Fiesta on the southbound side.
“I would like to speak to anyone who saw what happened before or after the collision.
You may also want to watch:
“I am especially keen to hear from any drivers in the area at the time who had dashboard cameras fitted to their vehicles, which may have captured footage of events leading up to the incident.”
The Fiesta driver, a 30-year-old man from Chelmsford, suffered minor injuries.
- 1 Caravans pitched at Portman Road car park
- 2 Passenger falls off motorbike on A134
- 3 Former Town star Clapham gets head coaching role
- 4 Tributes to 'loyal, caring' man, 28, who died after A14 crash
- 5 Ipswich Town lead the chase to sign Luton skipper Sonny Bradley
- 6 'Mass of smoke' billows from roof in house fire
- 7 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 8 First look at golf club's multi-million pound coastal homes development
- 9 New rickshaw taxi service starts in town
- 10 Reduce your dementia risk with 7 lifestyle changes
The Ford Transit driver, a 47-year-old man from Surrey, was arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving. He was released on bail until March 16 pending further enquiries.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the serious collision investigation unit on 101 or email email@example.com.