Death of elderly man in Sternfield, near Saxmundham, treated as unexplained by police
- Credit: Archant
The death of an elderly man in a Suffolk village is currently being treated as unexplained by police.
Officers were called just before 9am today to reports that the body of man – aged in his 70s – had been found near a bridleway off The Street in Sternfield, near Saxmundham.
Suffolk police says there are not believed to be any suspicious circumstances and the body has yet to be formally identified.
A spokesman for Suffolk police said: “Police were called just before 9am this morning, Friday, December 1, to reports that the body of a man had been found near to a bridleway off The Street in Sternfield.
“The death is currently being treated as unexplained, but there are not currently believed to be any suspicious circumstances.
You may also want to watch:
“The body has yet to be formally identified, but is believed to be a man aged in his 70s.
“A police file will now be prepared for the coroner.”
- 1 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 2 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues linked with 'ambitious move' for striker
- 3 Man in hospital with serious injuries after Suffolk stabbing
- 4 Councils to be given powers to fine drivers £70
- 5 Town's Harper move held up by West Brom uncertainty
- 6 Village in uproar as primary school attempts to change historic logo
- 7 Community in shock after stabbing on Suffolk estate
- 8 No starts, sarcastic cheers and a quick profit - A look back at Kieffer Moore's time at Town
- 9 Pub demolition plans generate 150-plus objections in a week
- 10 Historic Walberswick Bell Inn closes for one week
Ambulance crews and first responders were called at 8.58am to reports someone was unconscious and not breathing.
An ambulance spokesman said: “Sadly the patient died at the scene.”