Tribute to ‘dedicated’ and ‘honourable’ councillor
- Credit: Archant
A hard-working councillor from Mid Suffolk died just days before Christmas, according to his colleagues.
District Councillor Michael Burke, who represented Eye ward, died Saturday, December 22
He was elected to Mid Suffolk District Council in May 2017 and his responsibilities within the council included being vice chairman of the joint audit and standards committee, a member of development control committee B and also serving on the planning referrals committee.
Nick Gowrley, Mid Suffolk council leader, said: “On behalf of the whole council, we were shocked and greatly saddened to hear of Cllr Burke’s passing.
“As an upstanding member of the community, I’ve always known Michael to be a dedicated and honourable man.
“Our thoughts are with his family and loved ones at this very difficult time.”
- 1 Norwood set to stay... despite seven clubs showing interest
- 2 'He's made massive strides here' - Town recall striker Simpson from Swindon
- 3 World War Two-themed holiday accommodation plans at former airfield
- 4 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in Stanley win
- 5 9 forgotten pubs that were at the heart of their Suffolk towns
- 6 'He's a s**t house' - Stanley chairman slams Town skipper Morsy
- 7 Stu says: Five observations following Town's 2-1 win v Accrington
- 8 'It's an important win' - McKenna on 2-1 victory against Accrington
- 9 The most beautiful places to live in Suffolk - according to estate agents
- 10 "I love him... I think he’s absolutely brilliant' - Chaplin on Town boss McKenna