Tribute to ‘dedicated’ and ‘honourable’ councillor
- Credit: Archant
A hard-working councillor from Mid Suffolk died just days before Christmas, according to his colleagues.
District Councillor Michael Burke, who represented Eye ward, died Saturday, December 22
He was elected to Mid Suffolk District Council in May 2017 and his responsibilities within the council included being vice chairman of the joint audit and standards committee, a member of development control committee B and also serving on the planning referrals committee.
Nick Gowrley, Mid Suffolk council leader, said: “On behalf of the whole council, we were shocked and greatly saddened to hear of Cllr Burke’s passing.
“As an upstanding member of the community, I’ve always known Michael to be a dedicated and honourable man.
You may also want to watch:
“Our thoughts are with his family and loved ones at this very difficult time.”
- 1 Man left with serious burns after fire at Hadleigh petrol station
- 2 Community thanked for helping seriously burned man at Hadleigh petrol station
- 3 Matchday Recap: Town beaten yet again as Blues flop at Northampton
- 4 George Burley: Ipswich fans' dreams would have been shattered by a European Super League
- 5 DHL driver apologises after 'dangerous' driving in Ipswich rat-run
- 6 Commuter faces full trains on line from East Anglia to London
- 7 Rose-tinted reaction to Duke's death was so out of proportion
- 8 Retailer to pay £60K after multiple food hygiene breaches in Sudbury store
- 9 Town's new owners to discuss player recruitment with Cook this week
- 10 New survey reveals Suffolk's property hotspots