Death of Clacton woman no longer being treated as suspicious
- Credit: Archant
Police are no longer treating the death of a 45-year-old woman from Clacton as suspicious.
Isabella Mitchell was found dead at a property on Wellesley Road in the town at round 3.10pm on Monday, July 15.
Essex Police launched a murder investigation following the discovery of her body.
However, a post-mortem examination, held on Wednesday, has revealed there were no signs that she had been assaulted or had injuries that would have been inflicted by someone else.
A spokesman for Essex Police said: "It was not able to determine the cause of death, however, so further tests will be needed.
You may also want to watch:
"Due to that we are treating Isabella's death as unexplained."
A 52 year-old man who was arrested on suspicion of murder has been released under investigation.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Celina wins it for Town and sends Portman Road wild
- 2 Road closed as one person trapped in car on its roof
- 4 How Suffolk are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 5 Ipswich Town 2-1 Fleetwood Town: Celina's late, late winner seals it for Blues
- 6 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 2-1 Fleetwood win
- 7 Widow: 'Heartless' council won't allow extra 4 inches for my husband's headstone
- 8 Major A14 roundabout may not reopen until next week as water main repaired
- 9 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 10 Suffolk shop wins 'Boutique Clothing Store of the Year'
Senior investigating officer Detective Chief Inspector Daniel Stoten, from the Kent and Essex Serious Crime Directorate, said: "Following the discovery of Isabella's death we carried out a thorough investigation into the circumstances around how she died.
"Our initial enquiries indicated there were grounds to believe her death may have been suspicious.
"A post-mortem examination was carried out which has now shown no-one else was involved in her death although further tests are needed to identify what the cause of death is.
"As a result we are now treating Isabella's death as unexplained rather than suspicious."