Death of man found in Hitcham not being treated as suspicious
- Credit: Simon Parker
The death of a man found in Suffolk is not being treated as suspicious, police have confirmed.
Suffolk police were called at 6.45am this morning to a report of a body, which had been found in Hitcham, near Stowmarket.
Officers found the body of a man near to The Causeway.
Detectives will begin an investigation into the circumstances of the death, which is currently being treated as unexplained, and The Causeway has been completely cordoned off by police.
Andy Cross, who lives opposite the The Causeway said: “I saw a police car going up to the end of the road and then they taped it off.
You may also want to watch:
“Nothing really happens here, it’s a surprise to see so much going on.
“It’s a quiet village, nothing really happens of any consequence except from today.”
- 1 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 2 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 3 Town confirm four more exits at end of season
- 4 Armed police box in cars on A12 after men seen 'fighting with swords'
- 5 Town take up contract options on duo with plenty of departures still expected
- 6 Search for man after girl, 10, accosted at B&M store in Stowmarket
- 7 Exit Interview: Farewell to Ipswich Town's most iconic player of the last decade
- 8 'The honour of my life' - Chambers' message to Town fans after departure confirmed
- 9 Jeffers set for Ipswich Town coaching role
- 10 Restaurant launches giant cheesecake and cookie company
The death is not being treated as suspicious but is currently unexplained.
A forces spokesman said formal identification and a post mortem will take place in due course, and a file will be prepared for the coroner.