Debenham: Race cashes in for village’s swimming pool project
- Credit: Archant
A fundraising run has made hundreds of pounds for a village’s swimming pool project.
The Debenham 1st Fun Run saw almost 150 people take part in the 10km, 5km and 1km courses.
The 10km race was won by David Connors for the men and Lorna Denton-Cardew for the women.
Organiser Sacha Feeney-Howells said: “It was a huge success, we had lots of support and the runners all had fun.
“A lot of people didn’t know Debenham had such lovely areas such as the lake and woods which were all incorporated into the run. It will definitely go ahead again next year.”
You may also want to watch:
The money raised from the race, about £1,000, will be split between the Debenham Community Pool Project and Debenham Sports and Leisure Centre.
So far about £30,000 has been raised for the project from a total of £200,000.
- 1 How Suffolk voted in the county council elections 2021
- 2 Tories retain Suffolk County Council control - but Greens make huge gains
- 3 When Ipswich boss Cook will inform players of his contract decisions
- 4 Poorly rated Chick King takeaway goes into liquidation
- 5 Police identify elderly man after incident involving young girl in village
- 6 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 7 Election 2021: Ipswich Borough Council results
- 8 Why Cook has given Norwood Ipswich Town's captain's armband
- 9 Coach Gill leaves Town with Cook wanting to bring in 'fresh faces'
- 10 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash