Major train disruption in Suffolk and Essex after vehicle hits railway bridge in London
Passengers are facing delays on the rails today after a vehicle struck a bridge close between London Liverpool Street and Bethnal Green.
Train services running and from stations along the Ipswich, Clacton, Braintree, Stansted and Norwich lines may be delayed by 20 minutes, cancelled or revised.
Disruption is expected to last until 1pm.
A spokesman for Greater Anglia said: "Due to a vehicle striking a bridge earlier between London Liverpool Street and Bethnal Green, services are being disrupted.
"All lines have reopened and we will now work to recover the service."
Trains running through Manningtree, Colchester, Marks Tey, Witham, Wivenhoe, Thorpe-le-Soken, Stowmarket and Diss have been affected.
For updates on train delays see here.
- 1 Fire breaks out at British Sugar Factory
- 2 No timescale for when Suffolk road closed due to flooding can reopen
- 3 Matchday Recap: Outrageous Celina wins it for Town
- 4 Snow falls in Suffolk overnight as cold snap set to continue
- 5 'Calm, graceful and kind': Tributes paid to martial arts world champion
- 6 Nearly 150 homes to go on land no longer needed for jobs
- 7 Case of new Omicron Covid variant identified in Essex
- 8 More than 20 drivers caught at speeds of 100mph on A14 within an hour
- 9 Van driver jailed after A12 crash left motorist with life-changing injuries
- 10 Sunday sermon required at Portman Road... why Crewe game is 'must win' for Town