Delays on westbound A14 from Woolpit to Stowmarket after two crashes involving seven vehicles
- Credit: Andrew Partridge
At least seven vehicles have been involved in two separate crashes on the A14 this morning.
The incidents have created huge delays on the westbound carriageway with queues as far back as Stowmarket.
Around 8.30am there was a collision between a white Mercedes panel van and a blue Yamaha motorcycle near Rougham.
There were no injuries reported in this crash.
However shortly after five vehicles were involved in another incident at Woolpit which completely blocked the road.
You may also want to watch:
The vehicles involved were a black Hyundai I20, a Black Volkswagen, a silver Ford Fiesta, a grey Mazda and a blue Jaguar.
A police spokesman said there were reported to be five casualties, possibly suffering from back pain and shock.
- 1 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 2 Indian Covid variant being monitored in Suffolk after one case confirmed
- 3 Woman's body found in village home
- 4 Mike Bacon: It's going to take more than 'potential' to get into Cook's starting XI next season
- 5 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 6 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 7 Angry resident threatened with arrest over fake parking tickets
- 8 Couple were found 'slumped over' on their sofa, inquest hears
- 9 WATCH: Rude graffiti highlights 'huge' potholes
- 10 Wigan kitman Craney given Town coaching role by Cook
The road was completely blocked until 9.30am when the outside lane was reopened to allow traffic to pass.
It is also reported a lorry has become stuck in stone drainage around the central reservation near half a mile before the Woolpit junction which police are also attending.