Denham: Appeal for help in tracing Daniel Gliksten who is missing in Hungary
THE FAMILY of a British student who has been missing in Hungary since leaving a New Year celebration have flown to Budapest to find him.
Daniel Gliksten, 23, is studying medicine in Budapest and was last seen celebrating with friends in the city.
His family, who run the 1,200 acre Denham Estate near Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk, are said to be desperate to locate him.
In a statement they said: “His family is very concerned for his safety and currently is in Budapest working with the Hungarian authorities, British and Swedish Embassies to try and ascertain his whereabouts and the circumstances surrounding his disappearance.”
Hungarian police confirmed officers in the city’s fifth district had launched an investigation.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman added: “The Budapest police headquarters is asking members of the public to report any information they might have about Mr Gliksten.”
Mr Gliksten, who holds dual British and Swedish nationality, was seen leaving the Otkert bar in Zrmnyi Street in the early hours of January 1. The area is popular with tourists.
- 1 Tankers on their way to Suffolk as the government unveils action plan
- 2 More Suffolk petrol stations closed as PM plans action
- 3 Lorry drivers being offered up to £60,000 and other bonuses as shortage bites
- 4 Blaze spreads from classic car to bungalow next door
- 5 The 72 postcode areas where Covid infection rates are rising
- 6 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich's 1-1 draw with Sheffield Wednesday
- 7 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 8 Two arrested after man dies in crash
- 9 Match Ratings: How Town players performed against Wednesday
- 10 Ipswich Town 1 Sheffield Wednesday 1: Late Chaplin goal grabs Town a point
He is described as 6ft 2ins tall, of slim build and with short brown hair.
He was wearing a blue and white striped shirt, grey jumper, brown checkered jacket, dark-red trousers and brown leather boots.
He also wore metal-framed spectacles.
West Suffolk MP Matthew Hancock is helping the family by liaising between the Foreign and Commonwealth Office and Hungarian authorities, his office said.
Mr Gliksten’s family is based on the picturesque Denham Estate which has one of the largest herds of fallow deer in Europe and rare breed sheep.
Anyone with information about Mr Gliksten’s whereabouts is asked to contact Suffolk Police on 01473 613500.