Details revealed for Hospital Radio Colchester Fun Day 2018
- Credit: Gregg Brown
A magic show and donkey rides are among the activities on the bill for this year’s flagship fundraiser in aid of Hospital Radio Colchester.
The annual fun day will take place on Monday, May 28 in Lower Castle Park, Colchester between 11am and 4pm.
There will be a large main arena set up with entertainment throughout the day including the Tendring Dog Agility Group, ILAZ Performerz Dance Company, Thurstable School Cheerleaders and Magic Iain magic show.
There will also be funfair rides, a duck race, children’s games, bouncy castles, go-karts, donkey rides and charity stalls, with refreshments available.
Entry to the event is £3 for adults, with accompanied children let in for free, and all money raised will go to Hospital Radio Colchester.
You may also want to watch:
Staffed entirely by volunteers, the show broadcasts to patients at Colchester General Hospital.
Station manager Andy Patrick said: “This is our main fundraising event of the year and we are looking forward to welcoming a large crowd to the event, with our fingers crossed for some good weather on the day.
- 1 Andy's Angles: Six observations after Ipswich Town's 2-1 win over Fleetwood
- 2 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 3 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Suffolk
- 4 'Unique' café with 250 plus board games to play will open soon
- 5 Ambulance service apologises after woman left lying on Cornhill for 2 hours
- 6 How Suffolk are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 7 Hadleigh home with loo in master bedroom hits the market
- 8 Business units set to be converted into new seafront flats
- 9 'One of the favourites for the division' - Fleetwood boss Grayson on Town
- 10 'Kind and gentle' retired Ipswich Hospital orthopaedic consultant dies
“Our aim is to provide a great value day out for all the family and this year we have plenty of things to do and see for all the family.
“It’s always great to see the park packed with families from Colchester and the surrounding area.”
There will be free car parking off Cowdray Avenue.