Diss: Pub chimney sparks blaze
FIREFIGHTERS have battled a fire which took hold of a chimney at a Suffolk pub.
The blaze broke out at the Greyhound pub in Botesdale, near Diss at around 8.10pm.
A crew from Eye fire station were alerted and arrived at the scene in Main Street, shortly after the call.
They discovered the fire had taken hold of the chimney and used a thermal imaging camera to check the rest of the building.
A spokesman for the fire brigade said firefighters were removing wood from the fireplace to reduce the heat.
You may also want to watch:
The fire was under control by 9pm, removing the fire from the grate.
- 1 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 2 Man in 40s dies following A12 crash
- 3 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 4 'People might think I'm crocked now... but I fully back myself' - Norwood determined to make his mark
- 5 Siegrist and Amos leading targets as Town step up hunt for new No.1
- 6 25 of the best cafes for outdoor dining in Suffolk
- 7 Man dies following stabbing in Bury St Edmunds
- 8 A12 re-opens after man seriously hurt in two-car crash
- 9 Off-duty PC caught speeding on A14
- 10 Mum 'shocked' to be given car park fine while breastfeeding child