Garden centre will open on Sunday after attempted burglary
- Credit: Lauren De Boise
A Suffolk garden centre which had its cafe smashed into on Saturday morning will be open today, according to bosses.
Police were called to the Dobbies Garden Centre on Grundisburgh Road on Saturday morning after a car smashed through the window of the centre's cafe.
The car caused significant damage to the building leaving a large amount of smashed broken glass in the eating area.
Part of the garden centre car park was cordoned off for several hours while officers conducted an investigation.
Officers confirmed on Saturday evening that the collision was being treated as an attempted burglary.
You may also want to watch:
However, a spokesman for the police said there was no evidence of any items being stolen by the suspects.
A Dobbies spokesman said: "We are aware of an incident at our Woodbridge store on December 7, 2019.
- 1 13 Fire engines attend blaze at sugar beet factory
- 2 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 3 A14 reopens after one person taken to hospital following crash
- 4 'Kind and gentle' retired Ipswich Hospital orthopaedic consultant dies
- 5 £1million beach village set for approval as part of resort regeneration
- 6 Where to find the cheapest petrol in Suffolk as prices hit all-time high
- 7 Winners and losers: Hollywood ending, Bersant is back, fans get their wish
- 8 Man indecently exposes himself to dog walker
- 9 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 10 Affordable homes project proposed for Suffolk village
"The police were notified immediately and this incident is now under investigation.
"The store will be open as usual on Sunday."