Dog rescued from chimney
A DOG had to be rescued by firefighters this afternoon after getting stuck up a chimney.
The pet became trapped in a chimney breast at a home in Bocking near Braintree at around 1.20pm.
The fire service were called and helped to rescue the pooch.
Station Officer Steve Wintrip said: “The dog is a chocolate brown spaniel called Molly, she had gone into the chimney crest herself and once in there climbed up onto a little shelf and been unable to turn around or get out.
“We had to take part of the hearth down and smash our way in with a hammer.
You may also want to watch:
“We did as little damage as we could and made sure that we got Molly out safe and sound.
“She didn’t seem afraid at all, in fact she seemed to love all the attention she was getting.
- 1 'If offers are higher elsewhere, so be it' - Wigan CEO on losing Evans to Ipswich
- 2 Wanted man arrested in Stowupland village
- 3 Why these Suffolk villages were named among 'most beautiful to visit'
- 4 Get ready for League One's 'Arizona Derby' as Lincoln follow Town with Phoenix investment
- 5 Thunderstorms expected to continue until Saturday in Suffolk and Essex
- 6 Aldi targets Felixstowe, Saxmundham and Sudbury for new stores
- 7 Chambers on a 'Town core setting standards' at Colchester
- 8 Farmer's anger at 'utterly vile' dog owner who tied dog mess to gate lock
- 9 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 10 'Happy-go-lucky' mum died in Ipswich days after news of second lockdown
“She is a lovely, friendly dog and we were glad to get her out safely and back top the loving arms of her owners.”
He said the dog freed by 1.45pm and was not hurt.