Dog rescued from chimney

A DOG had to be rescued by firefighters this afternoon after getting stuck up a chimney.

The pet became trapped in a chimney breast at a home in Bocking near Braintree at around 1.20pm.

The fire service were called and helped to rescue the pooch.

Station Officer Steve Wintrip said: “The dog is a chocolate brown spaniel called Molly, she had gone into the chimney crest herself and once in there climbed up onto a little shelf and been unable to turn around or get out.

“We had to take part of the hearth down and smash our way in with a hammer.


You may also want to watch:


“We did as little damage as we could and made sure that we got Molly out safe and sound.

“She didn’t seem afraid at all, in fact she seemed to love all the attention she was getting.

Most Read

“She is a lovely, friendly dog and we were glad to get her out safely and back top the loving arms of her owners.”

He said the dog freed by 1.45pm and was not hurt.

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus