Woman and two men face trial over alleged kidnapping
- Credit: Archant
Three people are due to face trial after being accused of kidnapping a man in Suffolk.
The two men and a woman are alleged to have kidnapped a man in Brandon on May 10.
A plea and trial preparation hearing took place over Skype at Ipswich Crown Court on Tuesday afternoon.
The three defendants are Dominic McArdle, 34, of London Road, Ipswich, Selena Parker, 35, of High Street, Brandon, and Ashley Stuhler, of Glenmore Gardens, Norwich.
All are charged with the same offence – that they unlawfully, by force or fraud, took or carried away the alleged victim against his will.
Stuhler appeared on remand via video link to deny the charge, while McArdle and Parker, who are on bail and were excused from the hearing, indicated not guilty pleas through their legal representatives.
Judge Rupert Overbury listed a five-day trial to begin during the fortnight commencing September 21.
- 1 Uproar as plans put in to turn Suffolk pub into vets
- 2 New farm shop and cafe opens in Suffolk countryside
- 3 Burglar jailed for break-in at Stowmarket dental practice
- 4 Further case of Omicron Covid variant detected in East Anglia
- 5 Stu says: Six observations following Papa John's Trophy exit to Arsenal U21s
- 6 Parish council concerned about plans for new A14 service station
- 7 Friends speak of 'spiking' in market town and advise others: 'be careful'
- 8 West Suffolk's Covid rate rises to become highest in county
- 9 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 10 Former Town defender McGreal returns to club in coaching role