Dos Santos set for Ipswich return
IPSWICH TOWN: Giovanni Dos Santos is set to return to Portman Road.
The 20-year-old Mexican international is pencilled in to play for Tottenham Hotspur in the pre-season friendly against the Blues on Tuesday August 3.
Dos Santos made a big impression while on loan to Ipswich at the end of the 2008/09 season when he made six starts and scored four goals.
Spurs are playing a game in Portugal on the same night, but reserve team coach Tim Sherwood is expected to bring a strong side to Suffolk that is likely to include a number of players who featured in the World Cup finals in South Africa.
The Londoners had 10 in total involved in the finals with Dos Santos one of them, and it is a distinct possibility that he could feature against the Blues.
You may also want to watch:
Town manager Roy Keane is looking ahead to a worthwhile run-in to the new season with a meaningful sequence of matches between now and the big kick-off against Middlesbrough on August 7.
“There may have been a question mark about the side Spurs would field against us, but it is going to be a strong one,” said Keane.
- 1 Six senior players - including Downes - will start pre-season with Under-23s
- 2 League One side showing strong interest in Ipswich youngster Lankester
- 3 Town show Jacobs interest but injury holds up potential deal
- 4 Head chef frustrated after 13 'no shows'
- 5 Man in 50s dies following crash on Suffolk border
- 6 Mike Bacon: We needed an enormous brush.... And it looks like we are getting one!
- 7 Rubbish dumped on A14 approach road
- 8 Man dies following stabbing in Bury St Edmunds
- 9 Ipswich Town's 2021/22 League One fixtures revealed as Blues start at home
- 10 New beginnings, old faces and a return home - what to look for on 'fixtures day'
“They will be very competitive and along with Saturday’s home match against West Ham will be very important as we work towards the new season.
“We have matches against Leiston and Bury Town tomorrow and Wednesday and will be fielding two different sides. They will both be strong and give the players a chance to get minutes under their belts.
“When the season starts for proper we have a busy few days and need to be ready with a long journey north to Middlesbrough and then west to Exeter.
“Hopefully we’ll have some new faces in the side by the West Ham game.”
Town players had the weekend off after playing a 20/20 cricket match against Ipswich and East Suffolk on Friday night with Keane revealing that he has had an offer accepted for one player and received enquires for three of his current squad.