Dragons’ Den star Levi Roots to share expertise with delegates at Suffolk business event
- Credit: Archant
Suffolk entrepreneurs are being reminded of a major networking event at which Dragons Den star Levi Roots will be offering delegates advice on how to maximise their opportunities.
Mr Roots, of Reggae Reggae Sauce fame, will be attending the Suffolk Coast Business trade fair on Tuesday – a major event, which aims to showcase the region’s diverse business sector, whole offering opportunities to pitch to influential figures.
Organisers have been promoting the event since last year – but a technical hitch with the event website meant missed bookings, trade stands, and sponsors. Although working order has since resumed, and bookings are said to be up, organisers have made a final publicity push to ensure as many businesses as possible can benefit from the event - and Mr Roots’ expertise.
Announcing his attendance at the event last year, Mr Roots said: “I am really excited to be able to attend this great trade event and talk to fellow entrepreneurs about my successes.”
Jenny Stockman, chairman of Suffolk Coast Business added: “We are delighted that Levi will be opening the showcase and sharing his amazing experience from humble beginnings, through pitching to investors and turning himself and his brand into a global phenomenon.”
You may also want to watch:
Geoff Holdcroft, cabinet member for economic development at SCDC said the council wanted to “raise the bar” in its support for event and felt Mr Roots could offer useful advice and guidance on becoming an entrepreneur.
“The value of bringing Levi and his inspirational story to this ambitious audience is immeasurable and demonstrates the Council’s commitment to supporting the remarkable enterprises in Suffolk Coastal,” he added.
- 1 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich's 1-0 win at Lincoln
- 2 Watch Town CEO Ashton wildly celebrate Lincoln win with Town fans
- 3 Cook proud of players after Town hold on for elusive first win
- 4 Suffolk to miss worst of thunderstorms - but heavy downpours still expected
- 5 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 1-0 Lincoln win
- 6 Flooding leaves main route through town 'impassable'
- 7 Gangs of 'lampers' use spotlights to distract animals and kill them
- 8 See inside stunning £2m Woodbridge home with 'fantastic leisure complex'
- 9 Five cars and a horsebox involved in crash near RAF base
- 10 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
Suffolk Coast Business is also working with Suffolk Chamber of Commerce and SCDC to secure key buyers that have contracts available and are keen to purchase locally. A full list of buyers will be released shortly.
The event is on Tuesday at High Lodge Leisure, Haw Wood, Hinton, near Darsham.
The trade show will run from 8am-3.30pm and meet the buyer appointments until noon. Entry to the show is free but appointments must be booked in advance.
Visit Suffolk Coast Business for details.