Driver bailed after being arrested for four-driving offences in Ipswich
- Credit: Archant
A 20-year-old man from Woodbridge has been bailed after being arrested on suspicion of drink driving, driving while unfit through drugs, dangerous driving and failing to stop for police on Saturday, March 7.
At around 11.40pm, police on patrol around Hawthorn Drive and Greenfinch Avenue in Ipswich noticed a vehicle which made off at speed.
Officers pursued the car onto the A14, off the Nacton interchange and onto the industrial estate.
Police were able to stop the vehicle, where the driver was given roadside drink and drug-drive tests, before being arrested on the four offences.
The driver’s vehicle has been seized.
The 20-year-old has been bailed to return to police on April 24 while enquiries are ongoing.
- 1 The most beautiful places to live in Suffolk - according to estate agents
- 2 Norwood set to stay... despite seven clubs showing interest
- 3 'He's made massive strides here' - Town recall striker Simpson from Swindon
- 4 The Secrets of Dunwich: East Anglia's lost capital
- 5 Villages shock as seven Suffolk postboxes stolen in 10 days
- 6 5 places to spot celebrities in Suffolk
- 7 Serious fire breaks out at home in Woodbridge
- 8 Cash machines stolen in ram raid at Tesco in Brandon
- 9 'Ludicrous' - Stanley boss on 'big turning point' in Town loss
- 10 6 roadworks to avoid in Suffolk this week