Road reopens after Vauxhall Astra smashes into telegraph pole
- Credit: Archant
Police are continuing to search for the driver of a Vauxhall Astra which crashed into a telegraph pole near Sudbury this morning.
The incident happened on Head Lane in Great Cornard at 7.25am and the driver fled the scene following the crash.
Bures Road was closed between Head Lane and Grantham Avenue to allow BT engineers to repair the telegraph pole.
Suffolk Highways has attended diversions were put in place.
Police confirmed at around 4.30pm that the road had reopened.
You may also want to watch:
Police are appealing for witnesses to the incident and are asking anyone who saw anything suspicious to contact 101, quoting CAD SC-15092018-87.
- 1 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 2 Engineers repair water main which flooded A14 roundabout
- 3 The Suffolk pub serving a gourmet Sunday lunch three days a week
- 4 Matchday Recap: Blues cruise to victory at Fratton Park
- 5 Framlingham taxi driver lives double life as Chateau Diaries star
- 6 Ipswich's Covid infection rate now the highest in England
- 7 Thunderstorm warning issued in Suffolk as heavy rain forecast
- 8 Former Suffolk school leaders found guilty of professional misconduct
- 9 £1m renovation on Suffolk castle will change the appearance
- 10 Familiar faces galore, 'Chequebook FC' and the start of something big? - Town head to Portsmouth