Driver in hospital after overnight crash on A140 which closed road for several hours
A motorist was taken to hospital with suspected broken bones following a three-vehicle crash on the A140 at Mendlesham in the early hours of this morning (Sunday, September 17).
Emergency services were called to the road, near to the village airfield, at 1.52am.
The collision involved a lorry, a Skoda Fabia and a Mercedes ML270.
The drivers of the lorry and the Mercedes were unhurt in the crash.
However the Skoda driver had to be released from the car by firefighters, with crews from Debenham, Needham Market, Stowmarket sent to the scene.
They were taken to hospital with suspected broken bones including a possible hip fracture.
Police closed the road in both directions while emergency services worked at the scene, and the route was not re-opened until 6am.
- 1 Man with foot fetish jailed for sexually assaulting women
- 2 Nine Ipswich players who could follow Nsiala out the door this month
- 3 Van driver in his 20s dies in Elmswell crash
- 4 Road near A14 closed after 'serious' two-vehicle crash
- 5 Flood alert issued for parts of Suffolk coastline
- 6 See inside £1.25m bungalow for sale in one of Suffolk's 'poshest' villages
- 7 Colchester sack Mullins as ex-Town defender takes interim charge of U's
- 8 Town working on loan deal for Bristol City midfielder
- 9 'I'm not bothered... he can go' - Pearson on Town target Bakinson
- 10 'Versatile, hungry, athletic and technical' - McKenna on new signing Bakinson
Any witnesses to the crash, or anyone with other information concerning the incident, are asked to contact Suffolk Constabulary on 101, quoting reference CAD43 of Sunday, September 17.