Driver in ‘life-threatening condition’ after crash in Dunmow, near A120 in Essex
- Credit: Gregg Brown
A young driver was last night fighting for their life in hospital after a crash in Essex.
Police are appealing for witnesses after the accident, which happened in Clapton Hall Lane, Dunmow, near Braintree, shortly before 10.45pm.
The 21-year-old driver was taken to Addenbrooke’s Hospital in Cambridge after their blue Ford Fiesta crashed.
Essex Police said they were in a life-threatening condition.
No other vehicles were involved and no one else was injured.
Witnesses and anyone with information is asked to contact Stanway Roads Policing Unit on 101.
Clapton Hall Lane is near the section of the A120, which runs between Stansted Airport and Braintree.
People can email the collision appeal email account with dash cam footage.
- 1 A14 reopens after 'serious' crash involving three lorries
- 2 Two Suffolk beaches named among best in Britain for a winter walk
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: League One trio eye Preston defender
- 4 Town closing in on permanent deal for keeper Walton
- 5 Road closed while fire crews tackle Martlesham blaze
- 6 Suffolk landlord 'over the moon' to be named pub of the month
- 7 Retired Felixstowe nurse fears eviction after struggle to find social housing
- 8 Suffolk coastline to feature on BBC Winterwatch
- 9 Hughes nets a hat-trick for Town Under 23s as familiar face plays for QPR
- 10 How have Suffolk's towns changed over the last decade?