Driver's lucky escape as car hits wall
A CAR crashed through a wall outside the Royal Mail building in Ipswich early this morning.
A DRIVER escaped injury when his car crashed into a wall outside the Royal Mail building in Ipswich early today.
The man, whose age was unknown, was driving a blue BMW 325 when the accident happened.
The car hit a low wall which borders the Royal Mail headquarters car park in Commercial Road.
You may also want to watch:
Emergency services were called to the scene at 12.17am but found the driver had not been injured in the crash.
It happened close to where postal workers were on a picket line protesting against a private equity firm taking part control of the Royal Mail.
- 1 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 2 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
- 3 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 4 Body of man, 22, found in River Orwell
- 5 Mum of 'beautiful' Lily calls for young people to have their hearts tested
- 6 'I'll always have love for Ipswich, but it was time to move on' - Dozzell signs for QPR
- 7 QPR trigger buy-out clause to sign Dozzell for £1m
- 8 Former Town assistant Taylor back in football
- 9 265 new homes set to be built off A14 at Stowmarket
- 10 'Kind and loving' husband-to-be dies of lymphoma aged 27
Luckily the strikers had opted to gather on the opposite side of the building to where the crash happened.