Driving lessons for 10-17-year-olds set to launch near Woodbridge
- Credit: Archant
A driver training course which allows 10-year olds to get behind the wheel has announced it is launching in Woodbridge for the first time.
The scheme which offers driving lessons to 10-17 year olds will take over the airfield at Bentwaters Park on June 2.
Participants will be in real cars with real instructors and have the option to have a 30 or 60 minute lesson.
The driving lessons are being held by Young Driver who say the idea behind the scheme is to create a safer next generation of young drivers.
Laura White, head of marketing at Young Driver, said: “We are really excited to be launching in Woodbridge and for it to be on such a great site.
You may also want to watch:
“Bentwaters Park will give us a large space where we’ll create an interesting road system, and there will be plenty of opportunities for youngsters to try out lots of different driving skills and techniques.”
Youngsters will have their lessons in brand new dual controlled Vauxhall Corsas with highly qualified approved driving instructors.
- 1 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 2 Stu says: Six observations following Town's 2-2 draw at Cambridge
- 3 Four men arrested after man dies at Felixstowe lorry park
- 4 2,000 patients visit A&E because they are feeling depressed
- 5 Town get home draw in FA Cup First Round as ex-Blues head to Sudbury
- 6 Jailed in Suffolk: J Block gang members and man who attacked train station staff
- 7 North Stander: Nowhere near good enough at this stage of the season
- 8 'There's something missing in this team' - Town fans on draw at Cambridge
- 9 New fishmonger shop opens in Suffolk market town
- 10 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
A road system will be created with traffic signs, roundabouts and junctions, along with special areas to practice manoeuvres.
The emphasis of the lessons is on safety and encouraging youngsters to consider how to drive responsibly, giving them time to perfect the necessary driving skills without the pressures of public roads.
To find out more and to book your child on the driving course visit the website here or call 0844 371 9010.