Drug dealer arrested in Colchester hid drugs inside his own body
- Credit: Archant
A drug dealer who was found to have swallowed wraps of cocaine and heroin and secreted some in his anus when he was arrested in Colchester has been given a suspended prison sentence.
Sentencing Said Kanu, Judge David Goodin accepted he had been put under pressure to sell drugs but warned him that if he appeared before a court again for pushing class A drugs he would be looking at a minimum sentence of seven years.
Kanu, 28, of River Way, Maidstone, admitted possessing cocaine and heroin with intent to supply between November 11 and December 14 last year and was given a two year prison sentence suspended for two years and ordered to do 110 hours unpaid work.
He was also ordered to attend a Thinking Skills programme and was given a 25 day rehabilitation activity requirement.
Hugh Vass, prosecuting, said Kanu’s parents home had been targeted in an arson attack and he accepted that the defendant had been placed under a degree of pressure to become involved in drug dealing.
You may also want to watch:
He said that after Kanu’s arrest at a house in Colchester where drug dealing paraphernalia was found he was taken to hospital where he was found to have 197 wraps of cocaine and 56 of heroin in his stomach and anus.
- 1 13 Fire engines attend blaze at sugar beet factory
- 2 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 3 £1million beach village set for approval as part of resort regeneration
- 4 Affordable homes project proposed for Suffolk village
- 5 A14 reopens after one person taken to hospital following crash
- 6 Where to find the cheapest petrol in Suffolk as prices hit all-time high
- 7 Pub changes 'offensive' Halloween display after social media criticism
- 8 Man indecently exposes himself to dog walker in Cavendish
- 9 'Kind and gentle' retired Ipswich Hospital orthopaedic consultant dies
- 10 'The culture is right' - Johnson leaves Town in good hands after whirlwind trip