Duke of Cambridge to be Prince Harry’s best man at royal wedding
- Credit: PA
The Duke of Cambridge will be Prince Harry’s best man at his highly-anticipated royal wedding to Meghan Markle, Kensington Palace has confirmed.
William is “honoured” to have been asked by his younger brother to perform the special role, and is looking forward to the task.
Underneath the public banter, where they regularly poke fun at each other, the two royal brothers are very close - and Harry famously served as best man at his brother’s 2011 wedding.
The pair share a special bond which was strengthened following the death of their mother Diana, Princess of Wales, in a Paris car crash.
William spoke about their connection during 2017 - the 20th anniversary year of Diana’s death - telling Kate during an interview, as Harry, 33, sat with them: “We have been brought closer because of the circumstances as well that’s the thing.
You may also want to watch:
“You know, we are uniquely bonded because of what we’ve been through.”
Kensington Palace said in a short statement: “The Duke of Cambridge is honoured to have been asked, and is very much looking forward to supporting his brother at St George’s Chapel, Windsor on May 19.”
- 1 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 2 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Villa set to recall Barry in January
- 3 Large cannabis farm discovered in property near Suffolk-Essex border
- 4 Red flooding alert issued for Suffolk coastal town
- 5 Family pays tribute to 'gentle giant' who died in motorbike crash
- 6 Police officers praised for saving baby's life with CPR
- 7 Work finally starts on the Ipswich Garden Suburb after decades of debate
- 8 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 9 'Striking' Suffolk eco home featured on Grand Designs up for sale
- 10 New shop for farm that focuses on mental health