Pub to mark major makeover with ‘taste of vintage’ event
- Credit: VINTAGE INNS
The Duke of York pub in Woodbridge is to celebrate its major refurbishment with a menu taster event.
The pub, on Ipswich Road, reopened on February 8 and is inviting guests to join staff in sampling new dishes on the menu alongside a free glass of bubbles on Friday, February 22 at 7.30pm.
Landlord Paul Johnston said: “We wanted the new look to provide guests with a cosy pub where they can enjoy dinner, have a few drinks after their busy day or simply to relax with their four-legged friends and read the Sunday paper.
“The Duke of York is in a fantastic location in the Suffolk countryside, and we have an amazing support network around us, so we hope that all of our guests, both regulars and first-timers love the transformation.”
The Duke of York is so called because it’s said to sit on the very hill up which the Grand Old Duke of York marched his 10,000 men, before marching them down again.
You may also want to watch:
Places can be secured by emailing email@example.com with the subject line “The Duke of York- Taste of Vintage”.
- 1 Matchday Live: Town beaten 3-0 after Harrop's red card
- 2 Cyclist dies after collision with car in Bury St Edmunds
- 3 Ipswich Town closing in on appointment of new chief executive
- 4 Cafe owner 'very emotional' after mystery customer leaves £500 for staff
- 5 'Buzz' about town as pub prepares to reopen under new family management
- 6 Woman arrested on suspicion of drink-driving following A14 crash
- 7 Serious crash closes road in Bury St Edmunds near A14
- 8 'I am delighted to be joining. There is a lot of hard work that lies ahead' - Town's new CEO Ashton confirmed
- 9 'Our supporters are tired and bored of us' - Cook on 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 10 Antiques Roadtrip star opens new Suffolk antiques shop