The five stories you need to read today
- Credit: Archant
Find out everything you need to know from across the county in our morning news round-up.
Peter Smith, who lives opposite the house, said: “All the black smoke was at the rear of the building. We heard the glass crack – we could smell the smoke. I saw them on the ladders breaking the windows.”
The creditors met yesterday to voice their anger after a total of £1.3million has yet to be paid. Nicholas Cusack of insolvency firm Parker Andrews said: “I suspect there will be additional claims on top of what we are already aware of.”
A public Facebook page set up by his mother, Sam Nicholls, to raise £5,000 for his funeral has already raised £2,367.
A CCTV image has been released of the man who ran from the shop on Upper Brook Street on August 2 around 12.30pm.
And tributes have been paid to Olive Boar, the 113-year-old who grew up in Ipswich and lived in Felixstowe - and was the oldest person in the country when she passed away on August 28.
You may also want to watch:
Her family have described her as a “fairly amazing woman” - and you can find out more about her life and the milestones she passed in our story.
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 Machinery to be sold following the loss of 'passionate' farmer
- 3 'It's gone crazy' - Boss of Town's promotion rivals on League One spending
- 4 Andy Angles: Five observations following Town's clash with Crystal Palace
- 5 Popular Southwold fish and chip shop for sale for £850k
- 6 How bride paid £1 for vintage wedding dress
- 7 Mapped: Check the Covid rate in your Suffolk neighbourhood
- 8 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their friendly clash with Crystal Palace
- 9 7 pretty villages in Suffolk
- 10 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival