East Anglia: More than 50 train services cancelled this afternoon
- Credit: Bill Smith - Archant
More than 50 trains have been cancelled this afternoon in anticipation of a storm to rival St Jude’s.
Greater Anglia services across the region have been cancelled or altered in anticipation of high winds and driving rain.
St Jude’s brought chaos to the area at the end of October, felling trees and causing high-sided vehicles to topple over.
There are four flood alerts in place across the Environment Agency’s Anglia region, although none affect Suffolk or Essex.
The changes affect trains from 3.50pm today. No trains will run across the Greater Anglia network tomorrow until 10am.
You may also want to watch:
For more information visit www.journeycheck.com/greateranglia or follow @greateranglia on Twitter.
- 1 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 2 Mum-of-four with 'beautiful soul' dies after collapsing in the street
- 3 Ipswich U18s fall to second-half Liverpool goals - how the FA Youth Cup semi-final unfolded....
- 4 Takeaway contaminated food with raw meat and sold items past use-by date
- 5 Steam locomotive back in Suffolk for anniversary trips
- 6 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 7 Film crews spotted in Ipswich town centre
- 8 'Larger-than-life' Ipswich drama teacher Gloria Henshall dies
- 10 Pub boss struggling to recruit ahead of lockdown lifting