Weather: Hot weather could return later in the week
- Credit: Archant
It’s been a rather chilly night across Suffolk and north-Essex with temperatures hovering just above freezing in the twilight hours but what can we expect going forward?
It was barely above 1C most of the night and even now things are not likely to pick up for another hour or so.
Currently at 5-6C across East Anglia, temperatures are expected to rise later today and give way to some of that sunshine we saw so much of during the summer.
There will be small patches of cloud throughout the day but they will give way to bright sunshine with highs of 13-14C.
Unfortunately for all late night revellers, things will be getting cold again as temperatures plummet after dark.
You may also want to watch:
Tonight promises to be cold again with long clear spells and patches of fog giving way to temperatures which will sit between 0-5C all night.
Thankfully the cold nights will end and Tuesday and Wednesday are also looking bright and sunny.
- 1 Ed Sheeran hints at new tour dates and reveals favourite Suffolk beer
- 2 7 of Suffolk's prettiest streets
- 3 Former addict marries 'guardian angel' after years of 'hell'
- 4 Road outside Ipswich closed after two cars collide
- 5 Former Town winger Finidi George gets first senior manager job
- 6 Hits, misses, an 'unseen' suspension, a few goals and two still without clubs - how the departed Ipswich players are faring ahead of Bishop reunion
- 7 ‘Inadequate’ private hospital closes after patients ‘put at prolonged risk of harm’
- 8 From Blues to U's - how ex-Town stars are faring at Colchester
- 9 Bishop on his 'brutal, almost disrespectful' Ipswich exit, not fitting into Cook's system and why he's 'absolutely loving' life at Lincoln
- 10 Town face 'red tape' wait over Celina
Thursday could be the highlight of the week, with sun, clear skies and temperatures expected to brush the low 20s.
Stick with us for more weather updates.