East Bergholt High School to host inter-school Spelling Bee Championship Finals
Over 20 schools with gather at an Essex high school next week to compete in one of the country’s largest inter-school spelling competitions.
The students, mostly aged 9-11, will compete in the live East Bergholt High School (EBHS) Spelling Bee Championship Finals in front of an audience made up of supportive parents, staff and fellow pupils.
Held at East Bergholt High School, the finals will comprise of two spelling challenges: the spelling play-off, and the quick-fire challenge.
For the play-off, schools will compete directly against each other to be the last team standing.
In the quick-fire challenge, the teams of five are asked to spell as many words correctly as they can in three minutes.
You may also want to watch:
The team with the most combined points at the end of the event will be crowned champions.
The finals will take place between 9.30 and 12.30am on Wednesday, March 21 and Thursday, March 22.
- 1 Matchday Recap: All-square as Town and U's share six goals
- 2 Town complete ninth signing as Edmundson joins from Scottish giants
- 3 Teenage girl allegedly raped on village recreation ground, court hears
- 4 'Amazing' - Joy as port welcomes maiden call of luxury cruise ship
- 5 Kenyan school chums meet by 'unbelievable chance' at Suffolk village fete
- 6 Man dies after lorry crashes into trees
- 7 Suffolk postcode sees house prices rise by £100,000 in a year
- 8 Friends reunited, points to prove and more goals, please - Town face U's
- 9 Family creates 50 new jobs by reviving two Suffolk pubs
- 10 Man in 40s airlifted to hospital after suffering medical emergency