East Bergholt: Princess Diana’s aunt delighted at Royal engagement
THE aunt of Princess Diana has said her niece would be delighted at the news Prince William is set to marry his girlfriend, Kate Middleton.
Lady Anne Wake-Walker, who lives in East Bergholt, said the late princess would be very proud at the royal engagement, which was announced yesterday.
“It is absolutely marvelous,” she said. “I am sure Diana would be very pleased.
“She adored her children.
“She would be very proud.”
You may also want to watch:
The long-awaited engagement of Diana’s eldest son, William, to his long-term girlfriend Kate Middleton, was formally announced in a statement from Clarence House.
Lady Anne, who’s brother John, the eighth Earl Spencer, was Diana’s father, yesterday welcomed the royal news, saying the forthcoming wedding would bring some cheer to the country.
- 1 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 2 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 3 A12 re-opens after man seriously hurt in two-car crash
- 4 Man in 40s dies following A12 crash
- 5 Community in shock after stabbing on Suffolk estate
- 6 Hawkins leaves Town after just one season as striker makes League Two move
- 7 Town's former Director of Football reunited with McCarthy at Cardiff
- 8 Young footballer locked up for 12 years after 'vicious' machete attack
- 9 Off-duty PC caught speeding on A14
- 10 'People might think I'm crocked now... but I fully back myself' - Norwood determined to make his mark
Speaking from her home in East Bergholt, which was visited by the Diana during her childhood, Lady Anne said she was thrilled by the news.
“I am delighted along with everyone else,” she said. “It is really wonderful.
“I am so glad they have announced it.”
Lady Anne, who was married to the late Captain Christopher Wake-Walker, said she had only met her young nephew once when he was a child.
But as pictures of the happy couple are sent around the World, Lady Anne said she was very pleased for the pair.