East Hanningfield: Boy, 11, girl, 14, and man suffer from smoke inhalation after flat fire

Crews have extinguished a microwave fire

Crews have extinguished a microwave fire - Credit: Archant

Firefighters in Essex have extinguished a blaze in a first floor flat which left three people suffering from smoke inhalation.

A fire engine from South Woodham Ferrers and one from Great Baddow were called to the flat in Abbey Fields, East Hanningfield at 11.34pm.

The fire was out when crews arrived but firefighters used a hose reel to douse hot-sports and ventilated the flat to clear smoke.

A man, an 11-year-old boy and a 14-year-old girl suffered from smoke inhalation and were left in the care of the ambulance service.

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter